Curry paste is the very basic of all curry recipes. Once mastered, you can use the paste to create various dishes to the amazement of your family and friends.
1 pack of 25g Spice Devils Blend will normally serve for between 4 to 6 portions.
Cooking Time: Between 45 minutes to 1h30mins, depending on meat used.
Things you'll need:
- 1 regular onion finely chopped or diced
- 3 tbsp oil of your choice
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 pack of any Spice Devils blend
- Heat the oil in a heavy-base pot/pan
- Sweat the chopped Onion
- Add tin of Tomatoes and cook until a thin paste
- Add the Pack of Spice Devils blend of your choice and stir for a minute
- Your paste is ready.
- Turn down heat completely.
Use the paste to create the dish of your choice (see below for a simple curry). Some people prefer to make the curry paste in far greater quantity. If that's the case, simply fill in a glass jar to the rim, and refrigerate for future use. If refrigerating, make sure the paste is completely cooled down to room temperature.
Now, to cook a simple curry from your preferred paste above, just follow these simple steps:
STEP 2: YOUR SIMPLE CURRY
- Things you'll need:
- Paste that you have already prepared
- 500g chicken or beef or any meat of your choice, cut into bite-size chunks
- 4 to 5 regular potatoes (cut in 4 or 8)
- 2 handful fresh or frozen garden peas (if frozen, allow to soak in hot water)
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tin coconut milk (400ml)
- A small bunch of fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- Any other vegetable of your choice.
- Add coconut milk to the paste that you've prepared and mix well
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp of honey and the chopped potatoes plus any other vegetables.
- Bring the mixture to a boil
- Add the chicken or other meat of your choice, and salt to taste
- Leave to simmer until both the chicken/meat, potatoes and other veg are well cooked and coated with the sauce
- Add water if sauce too thick
- Once you’re happy with the consistency, add peas and cover pot
- Leave for another minute or two
- Once curry is ready, garnish with coriander and serve
Boiled basmati rice, couscous, naan bread, or a side of your choice.