Release the hidden culinary giant in you and dip into Spice Devils’ divine blends. Handcrafted in Dublin by Shakeel, a Mauritian soul with an Irish spirit, and named after his lovely little daughter, Sofia.
Preparation time: 10 to 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
NOTE: The chicken can be replaced by 500g beef or 500g lamb or a mixture of vegetables for a Vegan/Vegetarian option, if you so wish. Make sure that any red meat is pre-cooked.
- 1 Pack (25g) of Spice Devils Daube Tropical
- 500GMS CHICKEN, BITE-SIZED CHUNKS (OTHER MEATS OPTIONAL)
- 5 POTATOES (CUT IN 4 OR 8)
- 2 HANDFUL FRESH OR FROZEN GARDEN PEAS, SOAKED IN BOILING WATER (OPTIONAL)
- 1 ONION (FINELY CHOPPED OR DICED)
- 400GMS TIN OR 5 FRESH CHOPPED TOMATOES (SMOOTHLY BLENDED)
- 1 TBSP OF TOMATO PASTE/PURÉE (OPTIONAL)
- 1 LEVELLED TSP THYME
- A SMALL BUNCH OF FRESH CORIANDER (FINELY CHOPPED)
- 400GMS OF ANY OTHER VEGETABLES (OPTIONAL)
HOW TO COOK
- HEAT 2 TBSP OIL IN A HEAVY-BASE SAUCEPAN AND SWEAT ONIONS
- ADD TOMATO BLEND AND TOMATO PURÉE, COMBINE WELL. BRING TO THE BOIL, STIRRING OCCASIONALLY, UNTIL A LIGHT PASTE
- ADD “DAUBE” BLEND AND STIR
- ADD A PINT WATER, POTATOES AND OTHER OPTIONAL VEGETABLES. LEAVE TO COOK FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES
- ADD THE CHICKEN AND SALT TO TASTE
- REDUCE HEAT TO MEDIUM AND LEAVE TO SIMMER UNTIL BOTH CHICKEN/MEAT AND POTATOES ARE WELL COOKED
- ONCE HAPPY WITH CONSISTENCY, ADD GARDEN PEAS AND THYME. LEAVE FOR 2 MINUTES
- WHEN READY, SPRINKLE WITH CORIANDER AND SERVE
*** ADD THE CHILLI GRADUALLY TO THE POT MIDWAY THROUGH COOKING, OR ALTERNATIVELY, ONLY SPRINKLE THE CHILLI ONTO THE DISHES OF THOSE WHO LIKE IT HOT.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Boiled basmati rice, couscous, naan bread, or a side of your choice. Enjoy... Bon Appétit!
OUR SPICE MIX ARE ALL FREE FROM ADDED SALT, SUGAR OR ARTIFICIAL AGENTS.